Saturday, November 15, 2008

Grief and prayers

Many of my posts from the last couple of weeks/months have mentioned my grandmother and how difficult life has become around here lately. After many, many years of sickness she has finally reaching the end of her time here on Earth. She is in an indescribable amount of pain and knows that there is nothing the doctors can do to heal her problems. Our family has watched her condition deteriorate over the last couple of months into areas we never thought we would have to go. This whole process has been so much harder than I ever thought it would be. My grandmother is probably the closest family member I have. While I have known for years that it would be difficult for me to process her passing I never imagined that things would be like this. It is so hard for me to watch her suffer and not be able to do anything about it. She is such a strong and independent person. Losing the ability to walk and care for herself has been very difficult.

Please be in prayer as our family works through these last few days my grandmother has to spend on Earth with us. Pray that we would do things honorably by her and not try to act selfishly out of our pain. Pray that we know what we need to do or say and that we can adjust to medical help coming in to help us during these last few days. Pray that when the time comes for her to pass that things go as smoothly and painlessly as possible. And pray also for our family as we look at facing the holidays without a very important and dear family member.

There is so much that I love about my grandmother! More to follow on that when time and energy allows.

I will try to post updates on her condition and how you can best pray as I am able. If you do not see a post from me know that it may be as much from exhaustion or lack of words than from something major happening.

No comments: