Saturday, May 17, 2008

beautiful day!

I slept in a little bit today (not as late as I could have b/c I was stressin a bit). After waking up I went upstairs to check on the funny ladies and then came back downstairs to piddle around the apartment. Not too long after I hear this very pitiful crylike call come from Grandmother. It took me a second to track her down and after finding her on my front porch I went out to check what she needed. While all she said she wanted was a trash bag and some water for her plants I could tell that something was just not quite right. She seemed very down in the dumps and just not herself. My thoughts were confirmed when she broke down crying. I quickly hopped off the phone and got dressed so I could go out and help her. I ended up in the yard for several hours raking up leaves, twigs, and oak tree crud...cleaning off the driveway, sweeping both porches, and cleaning out the flower bed next to the stairs. Grandmother was so funny because she would talk to me about how I didnt need to spend my Saturday doing yard work for her, but then she'd turn right around and say how wonderful it was to have me around.
I will say that I am tired now. But it feels good to know that I've helped and made her smile. She has done so very much for me in my life and it was not too hard for me to give up a couple of hours on a Saturday to return the favor. I know that this is the time that God has given me with her and I do not want to take that for granted.

Just heard a crash upstairs......better get off of here and go see whats up.

No comments: