Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Productivity and OCD

Those who know me know that I can be a bit OCD from time to time. I like to have things in their proper place, especially if it can be contained in a nice neat container of some sort--usually plastic. I also enjoy being productive. The times when I am able to get a lot done really make me happy. Although it is a small thing it means a lot for me to be able to say that I have completed my list of tasks and if at all possible get a bit ahead of the game. This has become even more important since I started graduate school while continuing to teach. In order for me to have any kind of life I have to work ahead of the game or play large amounts of catch up. It is this constant struggle to stay ahead or catch up that leaves me feeling overwhelmed far too often lately.
Despite the fact that it is 10 oclock at night I am hoping for quite a bit of productivity before I go to bed tonight. Hopefully I can get not only the things I have to do completed but also a few of the would like to's.
Wish me luck!

No comments: