Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fall

I LOVE fall!!! I love the weather changing, the colors, the smells, the clothes.... Needless to say I am so excited that God has decided that it is time for fall to come to the mountains!
Today has been a wonderful day! I slept late and then made a list of things I wanted to get done for the day. Since I was in a rested and productive mood I set out to accomplish the things I needed to do outside of the apartment before coming back and spending the night doing lesson plans and cleaning the apartment. While I feel good about what I was able to accomplish this afternoon I was slightly frustrated by the fact that I did not get as much done as I would have liked and the things I did took longer than I was hoping for. Alas, now I am home and still holding high expectations for an evening full of productivity!
It has been strange to spend a day completely to myself. I am not generally someone who has to be around others all the time but have become accustomed to the fact that I am generally with someone or a group of people nearly all the time. It was a nice change of pace to have a day to myself--doing the things on my list, watching/singing what I want, and just relaxing. I realized that it is not so much about doing "what I want" but just having a chance to relax and enjoy the day at my own speed.
I am looking forward to getting my work finished tonight and being able to enjoy my Sunday work/stress free. I'm also hoping that I can get a lot of my work done tonight to take some of the pressure off of my very busy upcoming week!

No comments: