Monday, October 6, 2008

Wonderful weekend in Winston!

My car can just about drive itself down to Winston without my help now. I have driven down there so many times since April. I am fortunate enough to have two very wonderful reasons to make the frequent trips. My sweet soon to be fam--the Gieses and my amazingly wonderful sister Abby!
This past weekend Aaron and I were able to split our weekend enjoying time with both the Gieses and Abby. We drove down Friday night to spend some time with our adorable nephew while his parents went out for the evening. It was wonderful to see all of the amazing ways in which he has grown and also to be able to allow Sean and Christal to go out and enjoy each other. Saturday we spent a bit more time with all of them before going to hang out with Abby and her new fella at the fair.


What a great kid!


Our evening Saturday night was filled with many firsts. First time meeting the leading man in Abby's life, Aaron's first time at the fair, etc. From the very beginning things just seemed to fit between the four of us. We walked around the fair, eating our way from place to place. Our evening at the fair was complete with exhibits, pig races and of course fair food! Needless to say we threw our point counting out the window that night! Overall the evening was wonderful and filled with great food, friends, and fun!


I greatly enjoyed getting to meet Abby's new guy and was more than excited to see how much he adores her. I look forward to many more opportunities to hang out with the two of them. I love you sister and am so excited for you!

No comments: