Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas wrap-up

This certainly was a Christmas I will never forget. Things have not been traditional in the slightest. Well....at least not most things. We did Christmas eve as usual at my grandparents; although that has changed a lot over the last couple of years as we have gotten older, some of us have married and others now have kids. Altogether the evening was wonderful as we simply enjoyed being around family. It was nice to see everyone, since it had been nearly six months since the last time I saw some of them. I really enjoyed being around family, I needed to be around family. I needed for some part of Christmas to be "normal".
After my grandparents we went back to my house instead of my parents to spend the night. Aaron and I decided not to go to Christmas eve service since we got about 3.5 hours of sleep the night before. My family allowed me to watch A Christmas Story one time as we played a few games before heading off to bed. I love that movie and could not imagine Christmas without it!
I slept in Christmas morning later than I have ever slept on Christmas before.
The rest of the day was interesting and in many ways very un Christmasy. We ate breakfast as a family (including Aaron!) and then got ready for playing games at Lynn's. We got to her house around 3 and played games until 12:30 that night. By the end of the day I was exhausted!
Today we have been at Aaron's parents, enjoying Christmas with his family. The day has been filled with great food, family, and fun.

More to come over the next couple of days and I promise that it will not be so boring and list like. And hopefully will include pictures!

No comments: